BTT in Azores
A destination like the Azores, allows the bicycle as a vehicle of exploration, in which nature and the trails are marked, are synonymous with fun, a moment of adventure for those looking for strong emotions. Since single technical tracks that connect the mountains to the beaches and coves of the islands or from the rolling roads wandering around the lagoons or cross the rich mountains in endemic fauna and flora, the Azorean islands are paradise for mountain biking, for everyone and technical skills. Never forgetting that mountain biking is a sport with risks, and that all its practitioners must have proper notion of these and above all, to protect and preserve the environment where run.
Tips for mountain biking in the Azores:
- Bring a bike suitable for challenging tracks.
- Avoid walking alone, taking one or more companions.
- Check the condition of the bicycle before the tour and especially choose a route depending on the physical condition.
- Use protections such as helmet, elbow pads, knee pads and vest.
- Carry a cell phone for emergencies.
- When you stop, pull over to one side.
- Use the defined and marked paths.
- In case of a puncture or damage, take back all the damaged material.
- Do not throw waste on the rail as paper, food scraps, plastic energy bars and bottles of water.
- In case of a fall, never leave the companion and call 112.