The name of the parish of Santa Cruz came from a dry stem with two strokes in the form of a cross, which was found in the woods of laurels, thus Santa Cruz. In this village you can find the Palm Beach, rock formation accompanied by two swimming pools, the Bathing Complex Complex Ribeira da Boaventura and Aquaparque for those looking for water fun.
The parish of Camacha became parish in the year 1676, and was elevated to a town in 1994 and is still the most emblematic neighborhood of Madeira, internationally recognized for its folklore, namely the “Bailinho Madeira” and its wicker works, represented strongly in the Craft Center, which houses pieces of furniture and decoration in wicker.
Caniço is one of the most important in terms of the tourism sector, containing the important tourist center in Canico de Baixo, the second town with more hotel concentration after Funchal. Its name originates from the plants that were in abundance in that area, the long, slender rods were scattered across the grounds. This highlights the site of Garajau between Funchal and Canico, whose name comes from the large amount of sea birds called terns. Here is the Natural Reserve of Garajau created in 1986, containing perfect conditions for diving and can explore their biological richness, even though the only exclusive marine reserve in the country, which allows contact with mantas and big fish harmless.
Created in 1558, the parish of Gaula, whose name originates from the chronicles of Roman influence and romance Amadis de Gaula. In this village stands the training center of Madeira Football Association, which is aimed at receiving the games of youth teams, both the selection of Madeira and national selection.
The only parishes of Madeira which is divided is the Santo da Serra, both belonging to the municipality of Santa Cruz as the Machico. Its name comes from the conscious patron Saint Anthony, also being known as “Santo da Serra”. This town is surrounded by a natural environment of romantic inspiration, between the vegetation, villages and farmhouses, invites many to remain here. It also highlights the Club de Golf Santo da Serra, and was considered one of the most spectacular golf courses in Europe, which gives an insight into the exorbitant mountains and waterfront.